Do I need home insurance when using Rendin?

  • Updated

Home insurance, together with liability insurance, is in the interests of the owner and strictly recommended. This offers protection in situations that are not covered by Rendin and vice versa. The owner is liable if there is no insurance, which can mean a loss of thousands of euros.

In short:

  1. home insurance covers damage in the event of accidents and vandalism;
  2. home insurance together with liability insurance indemnifies expenses if a third party (usually a neighbor) has suffered damage as a result of an accident;
  3. rental surety protects the owner if the loss or damage is caused through the tenant’s fault. For more in-depth information please read our blog post on the same topic.